Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Can I do without this?

Every dollar I don't spend is a dollar I have earned. So when I think I need something, I ask, "Can I do without this?" [source]
These days I often ask myself this question before buying anything. I find that I 'sacrificed' a lot of things (hmm, "I think"... haha =p) that I wanted to buy since last year after I came over to Singapore. Mostly because of the fact that I can't really get money that easily from parents here, and the challenge I put on myself as to reduce as much expenses as possible.

I am sure if I will not be able to refrain myself from keep on asking money from parents to buy things that caught my eyes if I didn't choose to come here and study back in hometown instead.

Come to think of it, even back in hometown last time, the things that I often spent on are mostly computer gadgets. I find that its a lot easier to hold my temptation to buy foods or any other things except computer accessories. Hehe.

Just find that the temptation to buy things that you like... really scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment