Friday, August 13, 2010

Google Chrome Canary

Been always wanted to have 2 good, or should I say "perfect" browsers. Was using Firefox and IE as my second browser, after trying so hard to give Opera, and Safari chances.

Thanks to the Dev build of Chrome - Canary build, I can work with 2 browsers independently. Maybe some of you wonder why I need 2 "independent" browsers. This is because when I go to work, I prefer not to mix or logout of my personal accounts with work accounts.

Below are the excerpt from GoogleSystem.blogspot.com. Thanks for the article, I've found a permanent (and perfet) solution to address my problem :)
The Canary build is only available for Windows, it's "installed to a different path, gets updated separately, and runs side by side with an existing stable/beta/dev installation". Google says that the Canary build will usually be the same as the dev build. "Sometimes if necessary, we may push additional updates on Canary build so its version is higher than dev."


Site note:
Seriously, Opera and Safari lousy to the max, a lot of small bugs here and there. For example, a lot of shortcuts (for blogger) couldn't work. The worse things is when the layouts doesn't display properly, in Google Docs for example.

Hope the dev improve the browsers asap, else the browsers are going off the market soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment