Monday, October 10, 2011

Follow your heart and intuition.

Just re-watched Steve Jobs' Commencement Address for Stanford.

I remembered clearly that I watched this video a year ago, and the phrases that makes most sense to me.
"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards."

I watched the video, again, a while ago. Had difference impression on the speech. I find the following touches deep into my heart.
Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you confidence to follow your heart. Even when it leads you well worn path, and that will make all the differences.
We worked hard, in 10 years, Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees.
I still love what I did... I've been rejected, but I was still in love. 
If you live each day as if it is the your last, someday you will most certainly be right... I've looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. 
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, a truly inspiring person.

No comments:

Post a Comment