Thursday, October 20, 2011

[Quote] Passion

"It takes ambition to go places, but passion to power dreams."
-- Anonymous
Very inspiring.


Reminds me of my dreams (at every stages of life).

(Just little info about me)

When I was in primary school,
I've always dreamed to become a astronaut. I collected and bookmarked articles, photos of space stations, planets, astronauts... but I realized this is a impossible dream for me, as I'm red-green (weak) colour blind. Not very serious that it will affect my daily life, but yeah, I can never pass the physical test for astronaut. Hence, this dream became just a hobby.

When I was in secondary school,
I've developed interest in computer/electrical/circuit hardware. I wanted to be a electrical engineer. I assembled/disassembled my own PCs, modded my own PC, and fixes the electrical appliances at home. At one point, I've realize the same "physical disability" prevents me from go any further with this dream. I could't differentiate/read the transistor colour-code (yellow and orange is too closed); I couldn't read the light indicators (yellow, orange and green are too closed). Hence this dream became just a hobby.

When I was in university,
I'm into programming. Because this is something that is just black and white (hmm, maybe the colour of codes changes code formatter for different software, but this doesn't affect in any way). This is my passion now - software engineering. A field that I dream to be professional/expert in. A dream that drives me everyday!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment