Friday, May 22, 2009

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Installation - A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing

After I've selected Time & Language, Keyboard Layout (at the first step of installation), then I got the message "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and the click ok" at the "Select the driver to be installed" screen (which is the second step of installation).

My computer is installed with Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 currently. I'm planning to reinstall 7100 over it.

I've previously installed Windows 7 RC on another Compaq Laptop, which means the ISO and the DVD that I burn is fine.

---

Solution 1

http://www.evga.com/forums/printable.asp?m=100677004

Had same problem installing vista ultimate 64... had to use a legacy DVD drive on IDE channel... even after vista installed, it still wasn't reading both my blueray drives on SATA (They are both on the red SATA ports).

Problem is you need the JMicron drivers.

The JMicron SATA controller drivers can be found at:
ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/R1.17.48.12.zip
For eSATA control please download the following:
ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/R1.17.48.12_eSATA.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment