Thursday, January 14, 2010

Malaysia Religious Issue


My comments on the video...
  • Omg, the representative for Malaysian Islamic Youth Movement is totally cmi... why can't they send someone who is more fluent in english for the conference. Haih, disgrace to Malaysian...
  • (Actually this reminds me of another video - "Race Relations in Malaysia - A Malay View", BBC. At least he is so much better in putting up his points.)

My personal opinion on this issue.
  • "Allah" is Arabic ward for "God". Fact-Archive
  • Muslims shouldn't be so sensitive on the usage of the word.
  • Most Malaysian mistaken the word "Allah" as Malay word for "Islamic God's personal name".
  • All parties should solve this issue openly, and not in "closed-door discussion".
I unfortunately think that its going to be an ongoing problem simply because the nature of Malaysian politics. Most political parties and certainly the largest political parties are race based, and to a degree, religious based political parties. And I just see that this just going to play itself out until the next general election.
  • I agree with the last comment by Zachary Abuza, Professor of Political Science, Specializing in South East Asia.
  • This issue will certainly arise again is its not solved openly. 
  • I think God won't mind being called whatever names, as long as it can bring peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment