Sunday, May 06, 2007

License

"Thanks" to NUS Comp Centre, now I cannot download all the anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece through torrent (not sure about direct download yet though).

Two of my friends got fined S$200 (by NUS) for downloading Inuyasha and Code Geass. Before this, it was okay to downlaod anime until last month when Odex sent letters to NUS Comp Centre. From what I know, Comp Centre only fine those who downloads Movies and Softwares.

Need to be extra careful when torrent-ing anime from now on. Have to check whether the anime is licensed or not before downloading... or... use other clever method ;)

There are 3 anime licensing company i know so far:
- Odex
- Bluemax
- Innoform Media

With Odex being the main "threat", because most of the popular anime were licensed by them. The others are not so bad. Bluemax licensed Naruto, while Innoform licensed MOSTLY those anime which aren't very popular, and children cartoon. However, Karas, Apple Seed, Ghost In The Shell, Steamboy, are licensed by Innoform, if not mistaken (Luckily I already have copy of them).

So sad. But worry not, I got my own method to get anime!

4 comments:

  1. haha.. so many place can direct download. For anime such as Naruto, Bleach n Death Note, I found this website which offers direct download. Downloading speed quite fast oso o..

    http://www.everyanime.com/

    check it out!

    p/s: i commented on ur page so many times liaw eh.. u din comment mine. Or do u ever visit my blog? >.< haha. Kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, cool thanks for the link.

    I'm very "low profile" one. Seldom leave comments in ppl's blog =p HAHAHA =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohya, just to let u know. I've feed-ed your blog. So everytime u post, it will appear on my desktop ;) Which means I read all ur post!!! Now thank me =p haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, cool thanks for the link.

    I'm very "low profile" one. Seldom leave comments in ppl's blog =p HAHAHA =p

    ReplyDelete