Saturday, April 24, 2010

KVR800D2N5/2G problem

Think my Kingston 2GB RAM (KVR800D2N5/2G) defected already. My motherboard (MSI K9A2VM V2) just won't boot when that RAM is plugged in. Luckily I still have my old 1GB RAM left to work with.

Been trying to figure out whats wrong with my desktop for the whole day already. At first I thought is the motherboard, checked, but can't figure out whats wrong. Then move on to harddisks, but all the HDD seems healthy. For second I thought my motherboard gone already, just like last time when the power current is not stable and shorted my motherboards (two new motherboards kena fried, luckily its still in 7 days one-to-one warranty). Just now suddenly hand itchy and decided to test with my old 1GB RAM. woalah! The computer booted. Waste my time sia... how I know RAM will have problems one, I thought RAM problem is a very, very RARE problem.

Gotta check whats the actual problem when exams end. Luckily DIMM rams are lifetime warranty. This might be the first time I have issue with Kingston's RAM.

ermm.... Gosh, how to work with 1GB of RAM?!? gg...

No comments:

Post a Comment