Friday, June 23, 2006

Petronas Edu Camp

Petronas Edu Camp June 2006

Edu Camp Photos

20060619

1100 - Went Kuching International Airport and registered my name at the Standby counter. After a while, the receptionist at the Standby counter told me that I can board the flight at 1130. So I went to the Ticket Counter and bought the flight ticket with my Grads Card. The ticket cost Rm177 (Include Rm40 tax). The flight took off EXACTLY at 1130. They are very punctual now. Ha.

1300 - Reached KLIA. Went to KLIA Ticket Counter to book my return flight with my open ticket last year. Didn't use it till now. Then I went to the KLIA Transit Station to catch the transit to Bandar Tasik Selatan. The transit just left when I reach. So have to wait for another 30 minutes for the next transit. sigh. Transit to Bandar Tasik Selatan cost Rm26.50. I rushed to the LRT Station at Tasik Selatan and bought the ticket to Masjid Jamek. At Masjit Jamek, I hurried to Puduraya to catch the bus to Medan Gopeng, Ipoh. Everything so rush. I felt like dreaming back then. Maybe because already used to the slow-pace of life in Kuching here. Haha.
LRT Ticket - Rm1.70
Bus Ticket - Rm15

1535 - The Bus departed. I Slept along the tirp. Haha. Tired.

1830 - Reached Medan Gopeng, Ipoh. I had my dinner at the Malay stall there. The Nasi Goreng Kampung I ordered cost Rm3.50.

1720 - My brother's GF (Theng Theng) and her father (and sister) came and picked me up. If not their help, I would end up staying over night at Medan Gopeng Station. yiaks... And... Luckily their family speak mandarin. If not, I'll sure in big trouble communicating with them. Hehe.

1130 - Went Medan Gopeng to pick Jeffrey up. He missed the flight at 1230. So, he only depart from Kuching around 1500. Both of us arranged our documents, look through everything before we call it an end for that day.

20060620

0540 - Woke up and got ourselves prepared. Theng Theng's father sent us to KTM Station before he went to school. He is a techer in secondary school.

0810 - The UTP Van came and pick us up to Medan Gopeng Station to follow the UTP Bus to UTP Campus, Tronoh.

0900 - The Bus departed to Tronoh. Its about 40 minutes trip to Tronoh.

1000 - After register at the Main Hall (Old USM building), we went to the Hostel (Old USM Hostel).

UTP Chancellor Hall

1030 - Went to the Chacellor Hall for Opening and UTP Briefing.

1230 - Went to the canteen to have our lunch.
1400 - Document Management briefing. We were required to certify and submit our certificates there. Then we need to check our documents and put it into the boxes provided according to - "Complete", "Incomplete without Online Registration Form", and "Incomplete" group.
1530 - Everyone gathered at Chancellor Hall for Ice Breaking and Group activities. All of us were divided in to 20-person group. (I was putted into group 22.) Then, we followed our group leader (Facilitator) to our activity room.
Activity 1 - We drawed our own picture and ask others to guess the who is it in picture. Of course our facilitator shuffled the drawings and distributed to us randomly.
Activity 2 - The usage of soap. We were divided into 4 small groups. Each group were required to come out with the most idea on the usage of soap.
My Group - "Blur...?"

Activity 3 - "Desert survival Test". Everyone was told to arrage 15 items from the most important to less.
1830 - Dinner time!
2015 - Group activity - "Achievements & Goals" - All of us in the group were required to tell stories about the achivements that we are proud of in our life.
2115 - Class dismissed. Supper time!

20060621

0830 - Went to the Main Hall for English Proficiency Test. It a normal english paper with 60 questions and we need to answer in an hour. The test started at 0900. And ofter that, there is a tea break for everyone.

1000 - Critical Reasoning Test.
Verbal Test - We need to anwer 60 questions in 30 minutes. We need to read the short articles and determine whether the questions is "True", "False", or "Not given".
Diagramatic Test - We need to spot the sequence of the diagrams. Find the diagram that comes after the first five diagrams.

1230 - Lunch.

1400 - UTP Programmes Briefing.

1530 - UTP Campus Tour!This is UTP Library! Background are the book shelves in the library. 5 Levels of book shelves all together! Cool eh?

1800 - Dinner. I was very hungry in the beginning. But after I find out that there is a earthworm crawling out of the tomato in my plate, alive, I completely lose my appetite.
Theres a earthworm in the tomato! awggh!

2015 - Motivation Talk by Proffersor Khamaruddin. Its a very powerful talk and really lit up the fire in everyone.

2300 - Sleep time!

20060622

0730 - Woke up and get prepared.

0900 - Followed the bus to Block B for the Potentia J Assessments.
Waiting in Waiting Room before the Interview.

1400 - Followed UTP Bus to Medan Gopeng Bus Station.
1450 - Got onto Konsortium Bus to Puduraya.
1750 - Reached Masjid Jamek LRT Station and took LRT to Tasik Selatan.
1842 - Followed KLIA Transit to KLIA.
1740 - Checked-in.
2000 - Eat and watch World Cup Astro Channel at Golden Lounge (Domestic) while waiting for departure time.
MAS Domestic Golden Lounge
2200 - Flight departed from KLIA.
2354 - BACK AT KUCHING!

End-of-Trip!

3 comments:

  1. So? How's the result? Able to enter the University? I did applied for Petronas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear 陈梓蘅,

    Nope, I didn't get the offer. Didn't perform well, or up to standard during the interview I guess.

    You? Did they offer you places in UTP? or scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So? How's the result? Able to enter the University? I did applied for Petronas, too.

    ReplyDelete