Friday, March 05, 2010

I wonder

Talked to a friend just now. We talked about the committee that he joined during Dec holiday. He thought it’s going to be an enjoyable experience, but in the end things turned out to be not good as he expected. Although the whole event seems to be a great success, he told me that there are a lot of small small problems going on back at the management level, the incapability and irresponsibility of some which results in other have to cover their a**.

He is just not happy with the attitude of some 'leaders' who take things lightly, with the mentality that its-just-small-issue-so-don't-need-to-care. He thought he could tolerate with it in the beginning, after all, it’s just a month project. Conclusion, he thinks that as leader, we must be firm, plan ahead as detail as possible, and foresee and anticipate the possible problem that might arise. The head must be picky! Which I agree with him. (This reminds me of W and ZY. They are good leaders. They are quite picky also. And most important, they always do fine-grained planning, and manage to think of the possible problem along the way. Enjoyed working under them :))

Still, he was delighted that event ended with no major problem.

---

This reminds me of the new batch of raggers. Sometimes I wonder whether will they have the similar mentality "its-just-small-issue-so-don't-need-to-care"? Actually I'm just worry about them being not aggressive enough to fight for what they want. Worry that they will missed out the small-small-things in planning. Sometimes I wonder whether the new batch has the same mentality as me and my team back then when we are year ones. Still fresh. Just wonder...

But then, like one of them said, "Maybe it’s your own wrong judgement" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment