Monday, May 22, 2006

Passport

'The Making of Passport'



Well, went Government Office at Simpang Tiga there to do my passport this morning, around 0930. Bought a passport application form from the lady at the service counter with RM1. Then I saw a notice (sticked beside the counter) saying that there is 'half-price-offer' for students in oversea Universities. So, I ask the lady again, then she told me that I need to bring my Uni acceptance letter to apply for that. So, I quickly went home prepare all the documents needed and rush back. Its around 1000 when I came back to the information counter to ask for waiting number. But the lady told me that the number has finished. In other word, they fixed a certain amount, lets say around 100 people, to process in the morning. When the maximum number reached, they would not accept anymore applications. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

Anyway, I came back in the afternoon. The counters only start operate at 1400. But people started to queue up around 1300 I suppost. When I reached (around 1330) people already queued until the entrance there! Finally, I got my waiting number around 1415. I sat down and waited...

for so loooooonnnggg, and its still not my turn yet...

Around 1520, finally, the machine called my number: "satu satu dua sembilan, kaunter 4". The lady at counter 4 was not friendly at all. Her face was so busuk when she look thru my documents. Then she started to ask sorts of questions... what makes me angry is that, she told me to come back to apply for my passport in July (When school starts) when I told her that I don't have the payment receipt for the fees yet. Duh! I just want to apply PASSPORT to go Singapore, how can I get the tuition fees payment receipt when I have not been there. Anyway, after I explain to her, and she discuss with her superior. Then only she processes my documents. After that, she ask me to sit down and wait for the call form next counter.

Theres more discussions...

Around 1550, I was called to counter 5. Then the officer ask me the same question AGAIN. Then, I have to explain all over for another time. Then, she said: "Cannot, cannot... we do not accept the offer letter.... blah blah blah ... All we want is the tuition fees receipt from your Uni..." Then she ask the officer at the counter just now about the 'payment receipt' thing... After discussed for another few minutes, then the lady at counter 4 went to see her superior and discussed with her (It a 'she') AGAIN... Its already 1610 when 'officially', she finished keyed in my data into computer... then she told me:

Counter 6 (for payment) is closed already. Come back tomorrow.



OMG! No choice but to come back tomorrow again?

No comments:

Post a Comment