Friday, May 12, 2006

WesakDay Special - Parade

Just came back from Wesak Day Parade. ^_^ Well, the parade was F U N, fun! but tiring because the distance is quite long. Can hardly think now, but feels so excited to blog about it. Haha.

-----

Reached Jublee Ground around 1720. But the members of Malaysia Fo Guang Association (Swak) (马来西亚佛光协会砂州分会) haven't reach. So, I go for a walk at the park beside the car park with my brother. It's a new park I guess. Don't remember such a park exist when I came here last time. Anyway, the park is built by 福建公会 (FuJian Association) and its very beautiful and clean.




-----

Around 1830, everyone reached. So we move to the assembly ground and line up there. Everyone was so happy and excited. And there are a lot of people too. Almost the whole field of the stadium was filled with people that are going to walk during the parade.

-----

37th Kuching Scout Band! Saw YuXuan, ChenFook, YenJui, Michael and the other scout friends from 37th there. Sigh, wanted to join them to play Glockenspiel! hehe, I like that instrument though it is played mostly by girls. Most of the members are still the same as last time. (hmm, thinking of going back some other time, kind of fun actually =p)... Anyway, YuXuan play drum this time. I was so shocked when I saw he carry the drum because he used to play Glockenspiel with me last time. And now suddenly change to drum? o.O' haha...

-----

2006 Wesak Day Parade started officially after the speech by Datuk Yap Chin Loi (叶金来) and the firework display. (Datuk Yap was 30 minutes late =.='). 37th Scout Band leads the way, followed by Buddhist Associations and school dharma clubs. GRSS Dharma Club was there too. They wear red shirts.


hmm... I was holding the sign board for FoGuang Association the whole parade. Since I'm standing in front, just behind the float of our group, I 'got the chance' to watch the DVD that describe Fo Guang Shan and Buddhist teaching again and again for 3 hours. @.@... Frankly, I enjoyed myself watching the show at first, but after 2 hours repeating the same movie over and over again, plus the long and tiring journey, I find the show quite annoying =p hehe...


The pictures are very blur because of the nightmode effect.

-----

After 3 hours of walk, around 2230, we were back at Jublee Ground. Everyone was so tired because of the long walk. Those children at the group beside me keep on complaining that the distance was way too far! But, I think they must be really satisfied and proud of themself for completing the parade ;). After all the groups back at the assembly ground, the prize giving ceremony begin. The prizes divided into 4 categories: School, Floats, Associations, and The-Most-Representatives. GRSS won 3rd while FoFuang got 4th in the Most-Representatives category.

Before everyone leaves, there was a 15 minutes firework display. wow, the fireworks were so amazing. I like the one that splash out 'firework-meteors' to all directions when it explodes. The one that produces tiny sparks that fall like dust is equally nice! There is another 'special' one. It did not explode like other fireworks, but it became a fireball that drop slowly from the sky. haha, what a weird one, I never see this kind of firework before =p



-----
It was so difficult to capture the image of the fireworks with my lagged-by-few-seconds Nokia 3230. Maybe I should consider changing a better camera-phone soon =p haha

-----

It was sure a wonderful night that makes me so berkobar-kobar want to blog about =p haha... So tired, it already 0222 now and I should be in bed now since I'm super tired and tomorrow still got ZeGanG Activity - Badminton... hehe...

niteNITEzZz!
sweetDREAMzZz!
n
sleepTIGHTzZz!

No comments:

Post a Comment